Manufacturing Process Technician
Offered Salary£27,500 - £30,000 per year
Job: ID: 32451
Precision Manufacturing Sector
8.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday
Circa £27,500 – £30,000 per annum
Based in Exeter
Our client is a leading manufacturing business based in Exeter and due to ongoing growth of the business they a Manufacturing Process Technician (Process Technician) to support one of their business functions. The ideal candidate will be someone who’s enthusiastic about learning new and technical manufacturing processes, great with problem solving and be able to work as a collective and independently.
Ideal candidate background for Manufacturing Process Technician
- Understanding of manufacturing systems, quality tools and their practical application.
- BSc / BEng in Engineering related discipline preferred, minimum BTEC Level III qualification in Engineering.
- Experience with (Process Management, 6 Sigma, Flow / Value Stream Analysis / Lean Principles, Kaizen, Machine Reliability / Human Performance, Manufacturing ASAT).
- Strong understanding of and commitment to health and safety regulations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities for Manufacturing Process Technician
- Operate, troubleshoot, and train others on key equipment.
- Efficiently meet production run rate goals while ensuring consistent product quality and cost control.
- Support as part of the help chain, will tackle unique technical challenges specific to the department’s processes.
- Actively participate in the departments help-chain, to support with process related issues, investigate and diagnose manufacturing problems to root cause.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve issues quickly and restore production of quality parts.
- Conduct daily walkthroughs and audits to ensure processes adhere to established SOP’s.
- Verify compliance with methods, materials, and equipment protocols outlined in SOPs.
- Collect and review department specific process control data.
- Implement reaction plans promptly when required.
- Process management lead for specific processes within the department.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Communicate SOP updates and changes to operators effectively.
- Oversee the implementation and approval of new materials within the department.
- Participate in the departmental 5S regime, contributing to TPM implementation and OEE measurement and improvement for critical equipment.
- Actively engage in Continuous Improvement Kaizen events focused on process optimisation.
- Take ownership for OEE improvement and metrics.
– Performance Bonus Scheme (5%)
– 25 days holidays + banks
– Health Cash Plan
– Private health care scheme
– Discount in gym membership
– Pension salary sacrifice scheme (up to 10% matched)
– Life Assurance
– Cycle Scheme
– Employee wellbeing scheme
– Annual health check
Embracing diversity in all its forms, our client is an equal-opportunity employer. They welcome individuals from all walks of life, irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.